Monday, January 29, 2007

I Promised You A Little Kinky Yarny Somethin'

I need to make another promise: I will start taking decent photos. It's getting bad. It's the lighting in my house, coupled with my camera's inability to take a decent photo with the flash - I have to take grainy poorly-lit photos and Photoshop them into visibility. I'm going to have to start taking photos of yarn pr0n on the bus, the only time of day when I get to see the sun.

Loopy Ewe goodies

My score from Brooklyn Handspun and The Loopy Ewe. How super-cute are my new sheepy sock-blockers?? Allow me a moment to sing praises, like a good little Loopy Groupie - I have very rapidly become a complete Sheri-Stalker. I started reading her blog, and I thought, "This is a good lady. I should buy yarn from her." I have done that - twice in one week - and more....joined a sock club, commented repeatedly on her blog, and offered myself as a human sacrifice test knitter. Why? Because Sheri is remarkably stalkable. She even seems to welcome the stalking. When the sock club thing came up, I didn't jump on in time and ended up on the wait list. We emailed back and forth maybe six times on that, and she eventually opened up more spots to accomodate more folks, so I got in and did a happy dance - then I found out she'd allowed 150 people in. Dudes, if 150 people emailed her as many times as I did that day? My head hurts just thinking of the emails. And she responds lightning-fast to every comment, every email, every order - I'm beginning to suspect she must have ghost writers. Or 40 fingers.

Seriously. Best. Yarn-Lady. Ever.

So my List O' Amazing Internet Businesswomen Who Rule My Pocketbook now includes Yahaira, Michelle, The BMFA Ladies, and Sheri.

But that's not to downplay my Brooklyn Handspun!!

Brooklyn Handspun in Raspberry Cordial

I've been stalking the shop waching for an update for weeks - ever since Schrodinger first posted a progress update on her now-complete-and-glorious Brooklyn Handspun socks. Finally, I get my own skein - and it is delightfully squishy and in a colorway I LURVE. (And shipping? A dollar!)

And then there's the Posh yarn I got from Sheri's shop.

Posh Yarn

It's 70% merino and 30% cashmere, and it's all set to make me some Wedding Socks. I'm thinking....Baudelaire. Definitely Baudelaire.

Posh close-up

Mmmm....close-up.....

Finally, there's a contest going on where ya gotta show off your sock knitting in public. Lord knows I'm not the least bit shy about knitting in public - I'll knit absolutely anywhere - but most of it during the week takes place on the bus. I don't feel anything is unusual about knitting in public - but taking a photo of myself holding up a sock on a bus? That felt a little nutty.

Knitting in public

I took a later, less-crowded-than-usual bus home today, but there were Muggles present. Since they're not visible in this photo, as they're all seated in front of me, I took a picture of the Muggles too.