Saturday, January 20, 2007

I Suck At Restraint.

I made it 20 days.

20 days.

That's just sad.

I got an email last week from the LYS. Big sale coming. (For the record, I think it is SO NICE of Doni to send those emails out weeks before the sale - so you know if you can wait, you should.) I made it a point to firmly reject the idea of the sale and erase the dates from my head.

Or so I thought.

"I'll just run in. No big. Just run in. I'll take Travis, so I'm not compelled to spend tons of time in there."

I'd forgotten that Travis is as much a sucker for a sale as I am, and one of the biggest enablers ever, especially when it comes to getting a deal on stuff.

Before purchasing anything, I quietly asked Beth..."Did I get an email, something about this weekend?" (I didn't see any signs and wasn't sure if it was a mailing-list-only thing.)

"Yep! Twenty-five percent off!"

Even better than I thought - I'd remember it as twenty. Wait...

"Just yarns, right?"

Beth (very cheerful, happy to impart good news) declared that no...the sale was indeed 25 percent off of EVERYTHING. Yarn? Yep. Needles? You know it. Books? Sure, why not? Stuff already on sale? Oh yeah, you betcha.

What am I supposed to do???

Haul

(I didn't realize the picture was so lousy until I'd already put everything up...so lousy picture it is.)

I can defend all these choices, I swear. I needed a new needle case! My poor needle binder is busting at the seams, it needs an assistant! I had given away away my first copy of this issue of Knitscene, and there's a sweater in here I want. And I'm still working on getting a full collection of needles, so if they're 25% off, why wouldn't I splurge and get the nice ones I love so much!? Some soy silk sock yarn for that guy who's allergic to wool...and eight skeins of Louisa Harding Grace, which both the LYS's Doni and Pure Knits' Yahaira said is an unbelievably fantastic yarn. With it only eight dollars a skein, and the Ruby colorway calling out and begging to be something I really wanted to cast on for....ooh, and hey, it's a DK weight, so I can pretend it's sock yarn and doesn't count as a Stash violation? Right??

(FYI, Grace is a 50/50 silk/wool blend with a stunning sheen to it, similar to Lorna's Laces Lion & Lamb only in a DK weight. And wicked cheaper. Pure Knits has it here.)

While I broke most of the rules previously established, Travis spent some time with one of the shop's mascots.

Staring Contest

Staring contest. Travis still swears the sheep blinked first.

Tomorrow's going to be the Day of Reckoning - I have some WIP ripping to do. 'Cause I have WIP guilt....I didn't even wait till I got home to get started on yet another project....but I have such passion for it.

Step One: Get Gauge.  Check.

Even got gauge on the first try. Oh, it's gonna be sweet.......