Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I Think The Mariachi Player Is Trying To Tell Me Something

Mariachi

This was a painting on the wall at our local Mexican restaurant, where the food is good and the service is pure crap, but as long as you're prepared for the bad service, it's not so bad. I had to get a picture of this painting, because it made me giggle all the way through dinner. Why? Do you see it? I'll give you a moment to ponder it.

FYI: Knitty has its surprise patterns up. (Shrug.)

I cast off the back of the Eyelet Blouse last night, finally. I'm pretty sure it's going to be, ah, snug. I'm hoping it won't be too tight for me, but I'm harboring no grand delusions about my own size - it may not fit. I'll either slim down like I keep telling myself I'm going to do (might we be planning to join a gym? it's a possibility...) or I'll find a slimmer friend to give it to. I really just want to knit it - of course I want to wear it too, but right now it's all about process for me. I NEED to finish one garment besides my poor Picovoli. (Which is gargantuan and I should have knit smaller and I knew that and so I have left it in the hamper for three months now.)

Okay, now back to that photo. It's a rooster. It's a guy with a guitar. It's a guy with a guitar, and a rooster.

Mariachi

Rock out with your cock out.

Heh. I can't help it - apparently I'm twelve.